Northwest Louisiana is a region with a strong focus on education, and higher education is no exception.
Universities and colleges in the region provide a variety of curricula to students, and degree programs range from two-year to four-year programs. Strong community colleges, such as the Bossier Parish Community College, are among some of the fastest-growing community colleges in the nation. Northwest Louisiana is also home to some of the best 4-year colleges in the state, such as Centenary College, and offers access to a variety of top schools in the south, including Louisiana Tech University’s nationally-recognized engineering programs.
Area four-year universities and higher education institutions include:
- Centenary College of Louisiana
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport
- Louisiana State University, Shreveport
- Louisiana Tech University
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana
- University of Louisiana at Monroe
Area two-year colleges include:
- Bossier Parish Community College
- Delta Community College
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College
- Southern University at Shreveport